Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 25, 2009, 05:18 PM   #1
EatMyApple
macrumors 6502

Convert M4V to MPEG/AVI???

I would like to take some House episodes I bought off iTunes that are in .m4v and convert them to .mpeg or .avi so that I can put them on a iPod Touch and then connect the iPod to a TV via composite cable so I can view the episodes on TV.

I have tried hooking up the TV as a secondary monitor and that didn't work cause of some Apple/iTunes copyright issues.

Just trying to find a way to watch these House episodes on my TV? Will the converting of files types work, another route, or a lost cause all together?

Thank you!!!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:16 PM   #2
LaDirection
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyApple View Post
I would like to take some House episodes I bought off iTunes that are in .m4v and convert them to .mpeg or .avi so that I can put them on a iPod Touch and then connect the iPod to a TV via composite cable so I can view the episodes on TV.

I have tried hooking up the TV as a secondary monitor and that didn't work cause of some Apple/iTunes copyright issues.

Just trying to find a way to watch these House episodes on my TV? Will the converting of files types work, another route, or a lost cause all together?

Thank you!!!
The only way this will work is to strip the DRM off the clip. You'll need Windows. Do a google search with "removing itunes m4v drm".
LaDirection is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 07:32 PM   #3
EatMyApple
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDirection View Post
The only way this will work is to strip the DRM off the clip. You'll need Windows. Do a google search with "removing itunes m4v drm".
I was actually about to ask that too. Looks like all the converter programs are .exe downloads requiring Windows. Thanks for that info as that should be the trick!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod