Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sling Media's SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone page has recently been updated to announce that the application has been submitted to the App Store and is awaiting approval.
We're been working hard to bring the SlingPlayer Mobile experience to the iPhone and iPod Touch. We've submitted the first release of our application to the iPhone App Store. In the mean time, take a sneak peek!
Sling Media's iPhone page also includes a video preview demonstrating the functionality of the upcoming application.

SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone was demoed at Macworld in January, with Sling Media promising at the time that the application would be submitted to the App Store in March.

Article Link: SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone Submitted to App Store

diddy

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I got the chance to get my hands on this at CES, and since then I've been dying to have it.

My Slingbox has been so lonely lately...

jacobspinney

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2009
Yeah right. I've been waiting for this for over 2 years. Apple's going to reject it no doubt and then the sling guys will either refuse to release it on cydia or take 20 years to do so.

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
This is pretty awesome. Might have allot to do with timing....
New iPhone with a tv tuner chip possibly?
At any rate this is good news!
Good stuff

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
Yeah right. I've been waiting for this for over 2 years. Apple's going to reject it no doubt and then the sling guys will either refuse to release it on cydia or take 20 years to do so.

I can't see a company like this spending all this time and effort without talking to apple first.

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
Yes!!! :D:D:D

One hurdle down, now on to Apple/AT&T. Please please please don't let me down, wifi-only's better than nothing but would be really disappointing.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
We should find out in less than 7 working days if Apple are true to their word.

moonzilla

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
Berkeley, CA
I don't see 3G being able to handle this at all.

ive used spm on my winmo device for a while now and it's watchable over 3g. granted, decent 3g connections on at&t are hard to come by here in the States, but it should work alright. wi-fi only would be really disappointing.

should apple reject this, im going to consider switching to a blackberry (or even a pre if sling announces a mobile client for it). ive waited for almost 2 years to get this on my iphone. dont let me down, Apple!

DHarrisDBS34

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
I might get a Slingbox if this goes through. The lack of channels on campus is killing me (there are only a few I'm missing that I need.) But this puts the cherry on top. I'd have to look at one after this.

Anyone know if I'll be able to return the Slingbox/App if it doesn't work well for me?

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
This is great news! Hopefully Sling eventually utilizes that new streaming video API that Apple demo'd two weeks ago. I also hope they don't rip us off! I heard this will cost $40...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.