Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gjarold

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Triple head system (a 2009 mac pro octo w/2 of the gt120 cards).

I put in a DVD and the dvd app starts automatically. So far so good.

Then I drag the movie window into another, empty screen. So far so good.

Then I make the movie window full-screen. So far so good.

Then I move my mouse back into a DIFFERENT screen and type something into the terminal APP.

At this point the dvd window reverts OUT of full screen. Even though I am not in that window, or interacting with that window in any way.

This is wrong. How do I make this incorrect behavior stop happening ?

Selecting the dvd apps "Viewer above other apps" does not change this incorrect, counter-intuitive, user-unfriendly behavior.

Thanks.

gjarold

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
anyone ?

I would really like to know how to watch a dvd in full screen in one window while typing in another. Obviously there is a way, I just don't know it ...

gjarold

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
"Remain in full screen when DVD Player is inactive" under Full Screen in DVD Player's Preferences :).

Thank you very much - this is exactly what I needed.

Interestingly, Safari does the same thing. If you pull up a youtube (or any other site) video and click the full screen icon, I can't click or switch to any other application on a different monitor ... it drops full screen.

I went through all of the preferences and do not see any applicable item.

This isn't an obscure use-case, by the way - anyone with multiple screens will attempt full-screen playback on one screen while working on another one. It's amazing that this behavior exists this many years into Leopard...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.