Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 27, 2009, 05:57 PM   #1
lambo
macrumors regular

"My Number" in iPhone doesn't match my real number

Hi, as seen above, my number is not actually 111... but I cannot get it to change to my real number. I have restored numerous times and reinserted my sim card and inserted the sim card into another phone, etc. and it won't work.

How can I fix it?

Software unlocked iPhone 3G on T-Mobile
lambo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 03:48 AM   #2
wilmer007
macrumors newbie

oh yeah this happens to me too. i read somewhere that the only way to ever change this is to get a new sim card with your number on it. hopefully that's not the case and someone knows a fix for this. my phone displays a temporary number that t-mobile gave me and once my number was ported over to the sim card it didn't change the number displayed. hopefully theres a fix but i doubt it and it doesn't really bother me that much.
wilmer007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:33 AM   #3
firestarter03
macrumors newbie

I believe this number is stored on the actual sim so the only way of changing it is to put the sim in another phone and change the 'own number' field. I had to do this when I ported my old number to a new sim and it showed the wrong phone number in iTunes under 'my number'. I used my samsung d500 to sort it out but apparently SEs are good for this too.
firestarter03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 01:29 PM   #4
lambo
macrumors regular

Actually I installed the 3.0 beta and now if you go to Settings and then Phone, you can change your number to whatever. So it is fixed now!
lambo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:28 PM   #5
wilmer007
macrumors newbie

oh ok i'll ask my friend to lend me his sidekick and hopefully i can change the number. if not then i guess i'll wait for 3.0
wilmer007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:31 PM   #6
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo View Post
Actually I installed the 3.0 beta and now if you go to Settings and then Phone, you can change your number to whatever. So it is fixed now!
+1 ^^^ That's pretty cool OP.....
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:30 PM   #7
below sea level
macrumors member

Reviving an old thread here...

Does anyone know what that number is used for? It doesn't change the caller ID, so doesn't really seem to have a purpose.
below sea level is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 06:32 AM   #8
Resist
macrumors 68030

The purpose is that it puts that number on the iTunes summary page for your iPhone.

So if you for instance you deactivated your cell service with this phone because you are going to sell it and don't want your old number to be in the phone. It doesn't get erased during a reset, so go to the phone settings page and you can change it. Then connect it to iTunes and you can see it will also be changed there.
Resist is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting