Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
Hi all

My friend was looking at my ipod, and asked me why I had gotten it engraved, I said that I didn't, and that it came that way. He then proceeded to tell me how weird that was...I realized that I had never given it much thought.

I bought the iPod Classic, new from the apple store, in the summer of 2008. The engraving reads:
sometimes i miss you so much
it hurts

Is it rare for a new iPod to have an engraving? Have you guys ever had this happen to you?

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
i think you got "somebody else's" ipod. I'd imagine this happens from time to time.

A couple years ago, I ordered an authentic Green Bay Packer jersey with my name and #77 on it. What I got was a jersey that was two sizes bigger than I had ordered, with a different number, but with my last name (it's a common name). The other guy got mine. It happens.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Sounds to me that your 'new' ipod wasn't new at all.

Was the box shrink wrapped when you had it?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
No mix up. Apparently what happened is this:

John ordered an engraved iPod for Jane because she was mad at him. Still mad she returned it to the store without opening it. Not knowing it was engraved, they accepted it. Later, the OP bought it.

pinoyplaya

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2009
No mix up. Apparently what happened is this:

John ordered an engraved iPod for Jane because she was mad at him. Still mad she returned it to the store without opening it. Not knowing it was engraved, they accepted it. Later, the OP bought it.

I like this explaination... sorry if this thread was old. haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.