Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:24 AM   #1
md11
macrumors member

Widget Problem, trying to access Safaris cookies.

Hi
I designed a Dashboard widget with Dashcode, which logs into a website and retrieves data.
Works all.
But the login to the website is also possible with a permanent login option, which then sets a sessionID-cookie with an expiry date in 2012.
If this function is turned on in the browser, the widget does not work. Is there a way to get the cookie from safari into the widget? All my tries with document.cookie did not work out - when I know how to access the cookies from the widget, I can finish by myself, but I have no idea how to get to the local file.
Anybody has an idea?
TIA
Harry
Old Mar 28, 2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Awesomeness
macrumors member

That would be very difficult. It'd probably involve Terminal. I don't know how...
Awesomeness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:21 AM   #3
md11
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
That would be very difficult. It'd probably involve Terminal. I don't know how...
Thank you, I supposed so - maybe anyone else knows an easier way to the cookies.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:49 PM   #4
md11
macrumors member

Ok, an update for anybody facing somewhen the same problem:
I used the widget.system command to access the terminal, and there I am using the Grep command.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming