Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Tetromino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
He appeared on Drew's TPIR to promote his new biography, Priceless Memories. This episode will air on April 16th.

bob-barker-price-is-right-set.jpg

bob-barker-price-is-right-set9.jpg

bob-barker-price-is-right-set1.jpg

Source: http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/bob-barker-on-the-set-of-the-price-is-right/

God, it looks so nostalgic. Anyone else here watch or used to watch TPIR?

Reventon

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Ooh, I want to see it! I miss Bob Barker! Grew up watching Price is Right since I was kid, and watched it ever since. Bob Barker is the man! Obviously though since TPIR airs at 11:00AM where I live, I can't watch it anymore since I have to work. But I'll check out Youtube or try to download the episode after it airs.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
While I admire Bob as being an institution in gameshow television (not quite the likes of Alex of Pat), the show itself was cheesy and seemed canned. The only hope it had was getting younger, peppier life injected into it with Drew Carey. Then again, I only saw the show twice.

and Carey looks funnier every time I see him..

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Loved Bob Barker. Used to watch him all the time back in the day. I wonder how many pets got spayed/neutered because of 'Ol Bob? Bet cats and dogs aren't big fans...

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
One of my earliest vivid memories is being on vacation with my mom & dad in the late 70's when I was 3 or 4 and watching the Price is Right on a black & white TV in the kitchen at a cabin in Mattapoisett, Massachusetts.

I remember watching it while we were eating breakfast before I got to go play on the beach.

I will always have fond memories of the show, if for no other reason than how it's linked to that time at the beach.

I haven't watched it in probably 20 years, but it was always fun bidding along with the show. "NO! You bid too high!"

I will make sure I catch the replay online. Thanks for the heads up.

Mr. lax

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
I'm too young to really appreciate it, but i'v always liked betting along with the contestants! It gave me a good idea about the worth of things

joeshell383

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
One of my earliest vivid memories is being on vacation with my mom & dad in the late 70's when I was 3 or 4 and watching the Price is Right on a black & white TV in the kitchen at a cabin in Mattapoisett, Massachusetts.

It's in HD now and is quite stunning.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
I haven't seen Drew in years, but he looks great.

And I know from reading, that he has been widely accepted, when most people predicted he would fall on his fat ass.

Good on him. :cool:

It's in HD now and quite stunning.

That last picture makes me want to run-out and blow 3 grand, STAT. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.