Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
Hey guys, post fun and cool apps. Also apps that are really helpful and any other i guess. Make a list of top 10 or 5.

Thanks.

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
sorry ill search. idk i didnt see it so i though maybe ill bring it back =D

how do i delete this?

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
sorry ill search. idk i didnt see it so i though maybe ill bring it back =D

how do i delete this?

Don't feel sorry.

March 2008 had you asked me what my Top 10 applications lists would entail it would look different than March 2009.

I'm not really a big fan of searching through old lists because I find new software that makes the A list every month is seems. For instance my Top 10 right now would be.

In no particular order.

1. Pages. Pretty much everything I personally need in a Word Porcessor.
2. NetNewsWire- Everyday all day
3. Adium...not a big chatter but this encompasses all my needs
4. Pixelmator - Photoshop for the rest of us
5. VectorDesigner - just starting to dabble with vector apps
6. Wire Tap Studio - Very handy and "just" made the list
7. Movist - rough around the edges but handles wmv formats easily.
8. Espionage - finally password protection
9. Hazel- I'm relying on it everyday
10. Default Folder X- Open/Save functionality. I love it.

A year ago I wasn't even using half these apps. Next year there will be new entries as there are plenty of good apps in the "batter's box"

The best thing is to do a search and if some months have gone by since the last thread you make another one and put the date in the title.

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
Thank You.
I just thought i would make a 2009.
& didnt see anything on first few pages.

Thanks.

jeremybuff

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Asheville, NC
Here's an idea: how about we start a monthly list for your favorite or most used apps? I know mine change a lot, so a top ten per month would not only be fun to browse, but very interesting and can hopefully help many people find new software.

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
Here's an idea: how about we start a monthly list for your favorite or most used apps? I know mine change a lot, so a top ten per month would not only be fun to browse, but very interesting and can hopefully help many people find new software.
I agree that sounds good. because they change so often and alot of people want to keep up.

We should title them Top Ten Mac Apps 4/1/2009 I know it will be alot of posts, but it would be easier for alot of people. What do you guys think? Also make only ONE person posting them, so 10 different people dont do it.

JustGretchen

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
add transmission to that list for sure. Unlike most I use it for LEGAL purposes (live music distribution from bands that allow taping), but it's one of the best BitTorrent clients out there.

FreeWay Pro is also a neat easy to use, more fully featured (than iweb) web design app out there.

jeremybuff

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Asheville, NC
I agree that sounds good. because they change so often and alot of people want to keep up.

We should title them Top Ten Mac Apps 4/1/2009 I know it will be alot of posts, but it would be easier for alot of people. What do you guys think? Also make only ONE person posting them, so 10 different people dont do it.

I agree with one person posting them. Let's try and get the attention of a moderator and pitch this idea to them, hopefully the MacRumors community will readily adopt this proposition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.