Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
All the utilities that I've found for quickly booting into bootcamp (bootchamp and flipside) are currently incompatible with the latest unibody macbook pros and macbooks. I don't want to have to restart and hold down the option key when I reboot in order to get into windows. Does anyone know of a mac os app (like bootchamp or flipside) that works on unibody macbook pros?

Markov

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Philadelphia
All the utilities that I've found for quickly booting into bootcamp (bootchamp and flipside) are currently incompatible with the latest unibody macbook pros and macbooks. I don't want to have to restart and hold down the option key when I reboot in order to get into windows. Does anyone know of a mac os app (like bootchamp or flipside) that works on unibody macbook pros?

No additional application needed. Just go to System Preferences, Startup disk, then authenticate, and click on the Windows Hard drive. Upon reboot, it will go directly to Windows.

I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it's a temporary fix until the developer works out the issues.

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
No additional application needed. Just go to System Preferences, Startup disk, then authenticate, and click on the Windows Hard drive. Upon reboot, it will go directly to Windows.

I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it's a temporary fix until the developer works out the issues.

Too many steps unfortunately. I'm looking for a quick click of a button. So I guess there isn't anything out there that works yet?

The Flashing Fi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Restart the laptop and hold the option key. You'll be greeted with an option of Windows or Mac OS X. Pick your poison and enjoy.

It doesn't get more simplier than that.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Ctrl+Eject to bring up the shutdown / restart thing
Press R to restart
Hold OPTION
Right key, enter

Whole thing take seconds.

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
I think many of you maybe aren't familiar with the applications I'm talking about. Sometimes you don't want to have to be at your computer to hold down the option key when you restart. Sometimes you want an extremely quick way to boot into windows from mac osx (e.g. one click or a pulldown menu). The programs I mentioned do this. I appreciate your responses, but these are all standard methods for booting into windows and they are not shortcut programs.

Restart the laptop and hold the option key. You'll be greeted with an option of Windows or Mac OS X. Pick your poison and enjoy.

It doesn't get more simplier than that.

It does! give bootchamp or flipside a try if you don't have a unibody macbook/macbook pro.

Markov

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Philadelphia
Hmm, I guess you'll have to wait for bootchamp to be revised. Until then, you'll have to spare a few extra seconds using the other methods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.