Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:39 PM   #1
fernandovalente
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to fernandovalente Send a message via MSN to fernandovalente
Objective-C++ tutorial

I really don't like Objective-C. It's hard to learn. I've took a look at some Objective-C++ code and it appears to be easier. Where may I find an Objective-C++ tutorial? Is it good to program with Objective-C++ for iPhones/iPods Touch?
fernandovalente is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Soulstorm
macrumors 68000

You could edit your first post instead of making a new one...

Anyway, I think you have misunderstood the way things work. Objective C is a layer of objects on top of C, and ObjC++ is a layer of C++ on top of C++. If you don't like Objective C, chances are that you won't like Objective C++, also. Additionally, Objective C++ needs twice the attention than Objective C so that you don't end up making spaghetti code.

There are no examples or tutorials. Learn Objective C, learn C++ and use C++ with Objective C in your code taking into considerations the limitations that Apple mentions in their website..
Soulstorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:32 PM   #3
fernandovalente
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to fernandovalente Send a message via MSN to fernandovalente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
You could edit your first post instead of making a new one...

Anyway, I think you have misunderstood the way things work. Objective C is a layer of objects on top of C, and ObjC++ is a layer of C++ on top of C++. If you don't like Objective C, chances are that you won't like Objective C++, also. Additionally, Objective C++ needs twice the attention than Objective C so that you don't end up making spaghetti code.

There are no examples or tutorials. Learn Objective C, learn C++ and use C++ with Objective C in your code taking into considerations the limitations that Apple mentions in their website..
Thank you! I will give a second chance to Objective-C.
fernandovalente is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming