Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

primalman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
at the end of the hall
Anyone have any time with a Canon i9100 13"x19" printer? I need replace a busted HP in my lab, and I wanted to see what anyone thought of this Canon. It will see a modest work load, and it fits in my budget range.

Thanks in advance.

SwitchHitter

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2003
I purchased the i9100 - and absolutely love it. I do recommend using the Canon top quality paper (I think it's the Pro line). I do most of my printing at Costco now, but I use the i9100 for the REALLY big ones - the quality is awesome.

I would definitely recommend purchasing. I did quite a bit of research on top quality photo printers - and was seeking one that had top quality, along with large format printing.

If you do a search on the i9100 and also type in review you should be able to pull up some of the articles.

Well worth the $$$

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
The i9900 will replace the i9100 at the top of Canon's line for consumer printers in a few weeks. The i9100 has taken a price drop but is still available.

Since the i9900 has twice the nozzles, two new inks, and FireWire, I'm going to wait for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.