Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:42 AM   #1
iAppleFan08
macrumors newbie

picture hidden help

This is another one of my simple little problems in learning how to code in Objective-C, but this time I need to hide a picture. I have a picture that, when I press a button, I want it to hide. Then, with another button, I want the picture to come back again. Creating an IBOutlet and pointing to the picture refused to work, so I was wondering if there was any particular way I was supposed to go about this...
iAppleFan08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:55 AM   #2
dejo

Connect the first UIButton's touchUpInside event to an IBAction that hides the image. Connect the second UIButton's event to an IBAction that shows the image. Connect the image to an IBOutlet. Code goes something like this:

Code:
- (IBAction)hideImage {
    theImage.hidden = YES;
}

- (IBAction)showImage {
    theImage.hidden = NO;
}
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:00 AM   #3
iphonedevelop18
macrumors member

the way i did it was make a clear image with no background and set the image view to it. use the code
Code:
-(IBAction)hide:(id)sender{
    imageView.image = [UIImage imagenamed:@"clearimage.png"]
}
imageView is your view that you connected in IB, and make your clear image you made called clearimage.png and put it anywhere in your project. To make it come back use the same code but set the image to whatever yoour image was named.

Hope this helps!
iphonedevelop18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:01 AM   #4
yuanyuan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonedevelop18 View Post
the way i did it was make a clear image with no background and set the image view to it. use the code
Code:
-(IBAction)hide:(id)sender{
    imageView.image = [UIImage imagenamed:@"clearimage.png"]
}
imageView is your view that you connected in IB, and make your clear image you made called clearimage.png and put it anywhere in your project. To make it come back use the same code but set the image to whatever yoour image was named.

Hope this helps!
I don't think there is any book for iPhone development that assumes its readers are total beginners. They assume some knowledge of Objective-C. Therefore, start with an Objective-C book and then progress to an iPhone development book.
yuanyuan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:11 AM   #5
CocoaPuffs
macrumors 68010

Oh, this guy is a spammer!
CocoaPuffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming