Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:54 AM   #1
blkdogb
macrumors newbie

Java 6?

Hi all,
Is it true that currently only the 64-bit version of Java 6 is available from Apple for Leopard?
For those who want/need Java 6 on our 32-bit Mac, what are the options? SoyLatte or anything else?
Thanks!
blkdogb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Zortrium
macrumors 6502

The version of Java 6 that Apple put out is 64-bit only and Intel only, so no PPC (64-bit or otherwise) and no Core Duos. SoyLatte is the only alternative I'm aware of (and not having used it before, I can't vouch for its quality or lack thereof).
Zortrium is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:31 PM   #3
iMav
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to iMav Send a message via AIM to iMav Send a message via MSN to iMav Send a message via Yahoo to iMav Send a message via Skype™ to iMav
There is little that irritates me more than the lack of Java 6 plugin support for the major browsers under OS X right now.

I sell (and have in my home lab) security appliances that are managed, primarily, by web-based admin consoles...all reliant on Java 6.

Apple. Either release a 64-bit version of Safari, or give us 32-bit Java 6. I could understand a slight delay following the release of Java 6 for OS X...but it has been FOREVER!!!

I can't believe I have to fire up a linux VM everytime I need to manage these appliances.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming