Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blkdogb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Hi all,
Is it true that currently only the 64-bit version of Java 6 is available from Apple for Leopard?
For those who want/need Java 6 on our 32-bit Mac, what are the options? SoyLatte or anything else?
Thanks!

Zortrium

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
The version of Java 6 that Apple put out is 64-bit only and Intel only, so no PPC (64-bit or otherwise) and no Core Duos. SoyLatte is the only alternative I'm aware of (and not having used it before, I can't vouch for its quality or lack thereof).

iMav

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2008
Columbus, WI
There is little that irritates me more than the lack of Java 6 plugin support for the major browsers under OS X right now.

I sell (and have in my home lab) security appliances that are managed, primarily, by web-based admin consoles...all reliant on Java 6.

Apple. Either release a 64-bit version of Safari, or give us 32-bit Java 6. I could understand a slight delay following the release of Java 6 for OS X...but it has been FOREVER!!!

I can't believe I have to fire up a linux VM everytime I need to manage these appliances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.