Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:59 AM   #1
AussieOzi
macrumors newbie

I cannot be heard by others when on iPhone

Have had my iPhone for a month and have already encountered minor problem.

When I ring people or recieve a call, the others cannot hear me [or any sound] when I'm talking.
The only way for people to hear me is press the SPEAKER button. Once on loudspeaker I can be heard [not as clear but crackly]

Have tried rebooting, restoring, unplugging headhones in/out ..etc
Am running Vers, 2.2.1 on 3G

Do any of you talented people have any Tips/Tricks that may help me.

Cheers. Thanks in advance
AussieOzi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2
lavadranzer
macrumors newbie

Had the same problem, the only fix was to get it replaced. Luckily I found that out 5 days after getting the phone.
lavadranzer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 01:24 PM   #3
horsejudge
macrumors newbie

Can't be heard

I had the same thing happen. Found out that a miniscule amount of dust had lodged in the earplug hole on top, so the phone thought I had earplugs still plugged in. So I took canned air and gave it a shot of air, then it started working fine.
horsejudge is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting