Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 2, 2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Boomhowler
macrumors 6502

Xcode accessory or something else?

Hello!

I am going to create a nice but simple gui to show continously updating results from a couple of measurements sent over the net using html. The initial thought was to use GnuPlot in Python and while this will give me the right function it will not look supergood so I was thinking if this would be achievable using XCODE and objective C / applescript / whatever instead.

I remember seeing a really simple way of utilizing the mac to program a very simple equalizer visualizer for Osx. I don't know which program or if it was an xcode plugin or something else that was used to create this but it basically just took the audio out and showed the results from some band pass filters in real time updated bars. Really nice and mac-ish and the tutorial made it look really easy.

The problem is just that I can't remember what tool was used or where I saw the movie. Does anyone know what it could be that I have seen? Or does anyone have an even better idea? I am not that good in Java so I prefer to work with obj C, python, perl etc.. but anything is a good tip ;D
Boomhowler is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming