Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pete7784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Ok here is my problem. This morning I changed my login username. In order to do that it asked that I change my password so I did that. I then logged out. After I logged in with the new password everything from my old login name was wiped out. No emails, no nothing. All my songs on itunes are gone, all my bookmarks etc... I figured I created another account. I searched for my original account but cant find anything.

Does anyone know what in the world I did and how to get back to my original login administration account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Hi,

Sorry to hear it. Go to your System Preferences then go to User Accounts. Check if your account is still there.

Pete7784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
I found an alias library in the network section. It gives me three options. It says the alias library could not be opened because the original item cannot be found.

The 3 options are delete alias, fix alias or ok.

I'm lost. LOL

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Click on your Hard Drive icon, open the Users folder.

Inside the Users folder you should see a folder for each user account. See if your songs and stuff are still inside one of those folders.

Pete7784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
In my users folder I have a deleted folder which has nothing in it a shared folder and a house with my original username but when I click on the house it is not my original file.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
I found an alias library in the network section. It gives me three options. It says the alias library could not be opened because the original item cannot be found.

The 3 options are delete alias, fix alias or ok.

I'm lost. LOL

Three words;

Time

Machine

Restore

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I had a similar problem with a customer. OP, go to spotlight and see if you locate a file from your old account - there's a good chance that you will see it and be able to open it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.