Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:52 PM   #1
i-unit123
macrumors member

ripping songs from iphone PURCHASED on iphone...

hey everyone

so, I'm trying to rip my songs off my iphone to my computer, and theres a problem I'm finding. i know that you need software to do this, which I have. ive used a couple different ipod rip programs to do this and ive come accross one issue.

songs that ive purchased on the iphone dont seem to get detected and ripped by the software. i have about 50 songs i bought on the iphone itself that i basically cant figure out how to rip back to my computer. any ideas? are there any programs out there that would be different and allow me to do this, or should i go another route?

thank you very much for your advice!
i-unit123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:54 PM   #2
macbookairman
macrumors 6502a

Right click on your iPod/iPhone under the devices menu in iTunes, and then select Transfer purchases.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:57 PM   #3
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbookairman View Post
Right click on your iPod/iPhone under the devices menu in iTunes, and then select Transfer purchases.
Or they should copy over automatically when you sync.

TEG
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:10 AM   #4
i-unit123
macrumors member

oh i should have clarified, im doing this on a computer that isnt the one that i normally sync with
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:23 AM   #5
i-unit123
macrumors member

oh fail haha, nevermind, its all good now! didnt realize i could just transfer purchases anyways. thanks everyone
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:25 AM   #6
synth3tik
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to synth3tik
umm, if you purchased it on your phone, then umm, itunes automatically imports it on the computer. They even label the playlist "Purchased on so and so's iPhone".
synth3tik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:32 AM   #7
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

I have had an issue before where my computer wouldn't suck up the songs that I bought on my iPhone. It was really lame. So I just plugged it into another computer, had it transfer all of my purchases (took forever) and then grabbed those couple of songs that weren't transferring, for whatever reason, and put them on my main computer. It was a pain and a hassle and hardly seamless. In fact it was stupid. gah Apple!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod