Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I am using the simulator to make an application that uses sound. For sound, I am using SoundEngine.h from the CrashLanding.app. The problem is that although the actual iPhone device runs the program correctly, the simulator crashes with the following error:

Code:
2009-04-04 16:19:10.935 SoulApp 0.71[476:20b] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder, 262): Symbol not found: _SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
  Expected in: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration

The code I use is this:
Code:
SoundEngine_Initialize(44100);
SoundEngine_SetListenerPosition(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
SoundEngine_LoadBackgroundMusicTrack([[[NSBundle mainBundle]pathForResource:@"hopeless" ofType:@"wav"]UTF8String], NO, YES);
SoundEngine_StartBackgroundMusic();

What could be the reason for the simulator crashing but not the actual device?

Schenk Studios

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2009
I am using the simulator to make an application that uses sound. For sound, I am using SoundEngine.h from the CrashLanding.app. The problem is that although the actual iPhone device runs the program correctly, the simulator crashes with the following error:

Code:
2009-04-04 16:19:10.935 SoulApp 0.71[476:20b] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder, 262): Symbol not found: _SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
  Expected in: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration

The code I use is this:
Code:
SoundEngine_Initialize(44100);
SoundEngine_SetListenerPosition(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
SoundEngine_LoadBackgroundMusicTrack([[[NSBundle mainBundle]pathForResource:@"hopeless" ofType:@"wav"]UTF8String], NO, YES);
SoundEngine_StartBackgroundMusic();

What could be the reason for the simulator crashing but not the actual device?

The simulator is crashing because it is finding unexpected codecs in your quicktime folder. To fix this problem, simply navigate to,

Your HardDrive >> Library >> Quicktime

and remove all the codecs that it is complaining about. In this case it appears to be unhappy with

DivX Decoder.component

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.