Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 4, 2009, 08:25 AM   #1
Soulstorm
macrumors 68000

Problem with simulator (sound)

I am using the simulator to make an application that uses sound. For sound, I am using SoundEngine.h from the CrashLanding.app. The problem is that although the actual iPhone device runs the program correctly, the simulator crashes with the following error:

Code:
2009-04-04 16:19:10.935 SoulApp 0.71[476:20b] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder, 262): Symbol not found: _SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
  Expected in: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
The code I use is this:
Code:
SoundEngine_Initialize(44100);
SoundEngine_SetListenerPosition(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
SoundEngine_LoadBackgroundMusicTrack([[[NSBundle mainBundle]pathForResource:@"hopeless" ofType:@"wav"]UTF8String], NO, YES);
SoundEngine_StartBackgroundMusic();
What could be the reason for the simulator crashing but not the actual device?
Soulstorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Schenk Studios
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
I am using the simulator to make an application that uses sound. For sound, I am using SoundEngine.h from the CrashLanding.app. The problem is that although the actual iPhone device runs the program correctly, the simulator crashes with the following error:

Code:
2009-04-04 16:19:10.935 SoulApp 0.71[476:20b] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder, 262): Symbol not found: _SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
  Expected in: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
The code I use is this:
Code:
SoundEngine_Initialize(44100);
SoundEngine_SetListenerPosition(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
SoundEngine_LoadBackgroundMusicTrack([[[NSBundle mainBundle]pathForResource:@"hopeless" ofType:@"wav"]UTF8String], NO, YES);
SoundEngine_StartBackgroundMusic();
What could be the reason for the simulator crashing but not the actual device?
The simulator is crashing because it is finding unexpected codecs in your quicktime folder. To fix this problem, simply navigate to,

Your HardDrive >> Library >> Quicktime

and remove all the codecs that it is complaining about. In this case it appears to be unhappy with

DivX Decoder.component

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming