Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Apr 4, 2009, 05:24 PM   #1
vittimac
macrumors newbie

Delete Credit card information

Hello first time post!

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this but since it relates to the app store i figured it would be ok

Basically my problem is i have a expired pre-paid credit card on my account that i want to get rid of (since it expired) so i can download some apps (just bought a $20.00 gift card)

Even though i have 20 dollars in my account, when i try to make a purchase, it says "you credit card has expired". I have 20 dollars IN THE ACCOUNT but the iTunes store insists on using this card.

I have been everywhere on the net in trying to find a solution but all i found was "create an account with no credit card" or "how to change your card".

All i want to do is remove my expired credit card information so i can use the 20 dollars in the account.

BTW, this is a canadian account

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance
vittimac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 06:15 PM   #2
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Go to iTunes store.
Click on your user name.
Click the none box next to credit card.
That should remove it.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 06:39 PM   #3
alchemistmuffin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Go to iTunes store.
Click on your user name.
Click the none box next to credit card.
That should remove it.
However, do note that in order to buy apps in Canada, YOU WILL NEED A VALID CREDIT CARD!

Due to strict tax laws on how software is sold in Canada, Apple will not let you buy apps with the store credit, or gift card. You will need a valid credit card.
alchemistmuffin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 07:40 PM   #4
vittimac
macrumors newbie

It makes no sense
I bought a gift card before the credit card and i was able to make purchases. And the fact that in canada they sell gift cards also makes no sense. If we do need a credit card to make purchases that how is it I'm able to add credit (from a gift card) to my iTunes account?

I'm not mad at you, but if thats the case then this will be my first real negative about apple since i've started using Mac's (which was 3 years ago)
Old Apr 4, 2009, 07:43 PM   #5
icedmocha
macrumors regular

Have you tried just changing the expiration, valid or not?
icedmocha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittimac View Post
It makes no sense
I bought a gift card before the credit card and i was able to make purchases. And the fact that in canada they sell gift cards also makes no sense. If we do need a credit card to make purchases that how is it I'm able to add credit (from a gift card) to my iTunes account?
From what I understand, people in Canada can use iTunes gift card to buy music and videos from the iTunes store, but not apps.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 08:10 PM   #7
vittimac
macrumors newbie

I will into this "can't purchase apps in canada".

EDIT** Sorry, "can't purchase apps in canada with a gift card".

Last edited by vittimac; Apr 4, 2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Mistype
Old Apr 5, 2009, 01:09 PM   #8
vittimac
macrumors newbie

Looks like you were right. I can't purchase apps in canada with gift cards.
What the freak man? oh well...

I'll just use prepaid visa's i guess. Could i at least use the 20 dollars for music/movies?

I love apple with all my heart, but this is ridiculous!!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps