Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:01 AM   #1
ZunePod
macrumors regular

Sims 2 NoDVD Patch

Being the silly person I am, I've misplaced the Sims 2 disk and the casing, I've searched the house up and down.

Anyway, I heard about these NoDVD Patches, which allow you to play the game without the disc in.

I've downloaded the on made by The Blade, but it just quits. People say you have to modify the permissions, I know how to do this, but what to I set the permissions to?

If anybody can find me a working patch, please post below. On a final note, these aren't illegal, they actually have legitimate uses, such as my own.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 01:01 PM   #2
jakeguy99
macrumors regular

google sims 2 no cd mac. or something.
jakeguy99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 03:43 AM   #3
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZunePod View Post
On a final note, these aren't illegal, they actually have legitimate uses, such as my own.
That is debatable...

I know Asypr used to have a replacement disk service that will send you some new disks for a small fee to cover postage etc. If you contact the support team you might be able to find out more.

Good Luck!

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 07:58 PM   #4
applefan10.4.11
macrumors newbie

i know what ya mean

i have the sims 2 pets and regular i had to send in for a replacement disk because my disk was to badly damaged if i had downloaded a patch i wouldnt have had to send in for a replacement
applefan10.4.11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:02 AM   #5
kiwimahk
macrumors newbie

Apologies for the bump, but I found this near the top of google while dealing with the same problem, and thought it'd be a good place to post the fix I've found.

If, like OP, the Blade no DVD patch for the Sims 2 quits on open, with a message saying it's not supported by the operating system and the offer to report to Apple, then this might help.

Running the patch via the command line shows the following:

Quote:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.dylib
I had a quick look in /usr/lib/ and I've got a libcrpyto.0.9.8.dylib and a
libcrpyto.0.9.7.dylib, but no simple 0.9.dylib. I just duplicated one (the 0.9.7 one in my case) and renamed it to 0.9, and then the no DVD patch ran fine.
kiwimahk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games