Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
I'm just wondering if it's as noisy as the old revision or if they have chosen a better fan now?

brhmac

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Planet Earth
The machine isn't available

It's going to be 2 to 4 weeks before anyone will have a new eMac to answer your question.

According to the Apple store, the new eMacs will ship in that timeframe.

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
Is that timeframe for the online store or the brick-and-mortar store? I am going to help someone get a Mac Friday and I hope the new eMacs are out by then.

Torajima

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
USA
gekko513 said:
I'm just wondering if it's as noisy as the old revision or if they have chosen a better fan now?

We've got a 1 GHz eMac, and the fan is fine. No louder than the Dells we use in the office, anyway.

Kirk

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Norway
It says 1-3 bus. days for delivery on the Combo version at the US online Apple Store. The Superdrive Model is 5-7 bus. days. There were rumors that the Apple Stores would get them by last friday, but I don’t know I they actually did.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Torajima said:
We've got a 1 GHz eMac, and the fan is fine. No louder than the Dells we use in the office, anyway.
I bought a 1 GHz eMac for my niece for christmas. It's a nice computer, but it's also one of the noisiest I've heard. All the computers I use at work are "noise controlled" though, so maybe I'm spoiled.

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
my local apple store had the combo drive yesterday [monday] but my gf's superdrive order wont ship til on/or before 4.28.4... she ordered it 4.16.4... the rest of the order has shown up though... .mac, apple care, printer, logic pro 6 [but thats mine : ) ]...

i hope the superdrives arent going the be the next apple screw up... this is her first [new school] mac... [her dad was a long time mac user til she had to use AOL or some such nonsense in the early nineties and they bought a compaq]

cait-sith

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2004
canada
i ordered my COMBO DRIVE model on 4/13, it's not expected to even ship until 4/22.. then it'll take 12 business days to get here. i am a bit skeptical about these delays -- why is it taking so long?

edit -- i called 'em, they say it's all supply issues, and offered to upgrade my shipping to air.

i want my computer NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.