Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:34 AM   #1
kevy089
macrumors newbie

Loading a view based on system date?

Hi,

I am creating a calendar application and on launch want it to load to the month that we are currently in... For example if I launch the app in April I would like my April view to load. If we are in May I would like my May view to load...and so on. I am new to developing and would appreciate any help.
kevy089 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 03:42 AM   #2
caveman_uk

So you're going to have separate views for every month...in every year? I'm presuming that the views are a representation of the days of the month? A grid?

It would be better to actually draw the views in code than have separate views in the nib.
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:26 AM   #3
kevy089
macrumors newbie

Loading a view based on system date?

Yes... it is a one year calendar and I have a different view for every month (.png)with all of the days of the month on it. I'd like to pick which of these views load based on the system date. Is there a way to do that?

Thank You...
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:39 AM   #4
admanimal
macrumors 68040

Sounds like it would be better to have one view and then just load your background .png according to the month.
admanimal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 03:28 PM   #5
kevy089
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses... I am a new developer so I am still a little confused... I do have a main view that I load every time I switch (months) views... Does anyone have any sample code to get me going in the right direction?

Thanks Again

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming