Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:11 AM   #1
terramir
macrumors newbie

Overclocking eMac (ATI usb 1.1 model) and raid questions

Okies I found an eMac 800 Mhz ATI model in the trash works overclocked it to 1.067 ghz could probably do 1.267 on stock voltage but I f'ed up the top pad. Now the 1.33 and 1.4 is still an option however I get some errors in the diagnostic cd. So I figure if I could bump up the vcore by .05 I might be able to get away with 1.33 or even 1.4 But I have no clue how to do the adjustment I saw that it was possible on the oc page but no instructions were given.

#2 issue I wanted to ask I know the boot drive cannot be raid but how much of the os/programs have to be on the boot drive I was thinking if I could install much of the OS (besides the bare minimum on the boot drive) on two ssd in raid 0 this mac would fly But I do not know if that is doable can you seperate the basic OS and put all the apps (including finder) on a raid drive to make them load faster?
just some questions from a newbie to mac
terramir
terramir is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs