Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Apr 19, 2004, 09:01 AM   #1
clairjones
macrumors newbie

Angry new PB's advice needed!

Hi,

I bought a new 12" PB last week as i really couldn't wait any longer for one. Now....the new ones come out! Where do I stand on this? Not only is there difference in spec but also in price! I bought it from apple reseller ghc.co.uk, when i spoke to them today they sympathised but said they were in the same boat as they had loads of my spec to shift too, surely the could return them to apple?
Anyone know what I can do? Apple customer services weren't really interested in my predicament!
clairjones is offline   0
Old Apr 19, 2004, 09:08 AM   #2
RiseAgainst
macrumors regular

Honestly...

I really don't think that there is anything that you can do. Unless where ever you bought it from is willing to accept it back and you buy another one from them, which is probably unlikely.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 09:18 AM   #3
clairjones
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAgainst
I really don't think that there is anything that you can do. Unless where ever you bought it from is willing to accept it back and you buy another one from them, which is probably unlikely.
I thought as much, the price has gone down by over 100 aswell. unbelievable!

thanks.
clairjones is offline   0
Old Apr 19, 2004, 01:57 PM   #4
Fauldzy
macrumors newbie

Know how you feel Clair... I feel the same & I have had my powerbook 2 months! Guess I jumped in too fast and should have waited. In all honesty I knew an upgraded PB was on the horizon from Apple I was just too damm impatient.

Not only this but I believe my LCD screen has started to play up on me and go all patchy... great!

I dont think there is much you can do either, sorry Seeing as you have only just purchased it maybe you could sell it on, as new, on ebay? You could face losing a little money but it maybe worth it for the latest upgrade. All I do know is whatever you decide, if you sell it on, you best be fast!!

Goodluck!
Fauldzy is offline   0
Old Apr 19, 2004, 02:50 PM   #5
sbaishya
macrumors newbie

Did you buy it via mail order?

If so then the The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply. Under these regulations you have 7 working days to return any goods bought via mail order, starting with the day after the day you received it, which the seller should have told you. If they don't notify you of this then you have upto 3 months and 7 working days to return it.

The full regulations are here .
sbaishya is offline   0
Old Apr 19, 2004, 03:41 PM   #6
Fauldzy
macrumors newbie

interesting...

sbaishya that link did not work btw. I bought my powerbook via Airmail.. US to UK. My seller did not inform me of any 7 day return. Infact 2months later im still waiting for the receipt of purchase to be sent to me, as they forgot to pack it in with my PB shipment!!

Guess I would be takin the p**s if i was to demand a refund now
Fauldzy is offline   0
Old Apr 19, 2004, 03:47 PM   #7
sbaishya
macrumors newbie

Link works for me

Anyway, it only applies to UK resellers.
sbaishya is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers