Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:26 AM   #1

Install windows .exe on mac using wine?

I have an iso image, which contains a .exe file. the iso image is from a game that runs on windows. once i run the iso image, wine (version 1.0) starts up, and when i run the exe file, in the process window, i see the exe file for maybe 3 seconds, and then it stops. im pretty much a noob, so i dont know if what im trying to do works. would i need to install this game some other way and then run* it using wine? or something else...
301917 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 04:24 PM   #2
007bond
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 301917 View Post
I have an iso image, which contains a .exe file. the iso image is from a game that runs on windows. once i run the iso image, wine (version 1.0) starts up, and when i run the exe file, in the process window, i see the exe file for maybe 3 seconds, and then it stops. im pretty much a noob, so i dont know if what im trying to do works. would i need to install this game some other way and then run* it using wine? or something else...
just install xp in bootcamp. wine is horrible and also games dont run in wine. you need to use bootcamp

Last edited by Doctor Q; Aug 4, 2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: edited quote
007bond is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:00 PM   #3
animaxcg
macrumors regular

heres a tutorial on how to run wine on mac that i made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNPYvYU9K-Q

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac