Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:24 AM   #1
arnieterm
macrumors regular

Problem with UIImagePickerController

I have created a very simple project that has two viewcontrollers
WelcomeViewController and AddInfoViewController
In the applicationDidFinsihLaunch method

Code:
WelcomeScreenViewController* welcome = [ [WelcomeScreenViewController alloc] initWithNibName:@"WelcomeScreen" bundle:nil];
		[window addSubview: welcome.view];
There is a button on Welcome screen on whose click, I show another view controller
as shown:
Code:
AddInfoViewController* addinfo = [ [AddInfoViewController alloc] initWithNibName: @"AddInfo" bundle:nil ];
	CGRect f = self.view.frame;
	f.origin.y = 0;
	addinfo.view.frame = f;
	//[navController pushViewController:addchild animated:YES];
	[self.view insertSubview:addinfo.view aboveSubview:self.view];
Then the addinfo has a button to show the UIImagePickerController for selecting an image from photo album

I am also able to get the event when the user select "Choose" for an image
Code:
- (void)imagePickerController:(UIImagePickerController *)picker didFinishPickingImage:(UIImage *)image editingInfo:(NSDictionary *)editingInfo
{
	selectPhoto.view.hidden = YES;
	[selectPhoto dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:YES];		
}
My problem is that when the UIImagePickerController goes away from screen it also takes away the addinfo viewcontroller and I am only seeing the welcomeviewcontroller
What is wrong with my approach?
Any idea??
Thanks
Arnieterm
arnieterm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming