Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i put a MP3 CD into my TiBook the other day only to find that it couldn't add the CD to the 'source' list in iTunes. it will play the MP3s if i click on them from the CD window in the finder.

is there any way i can get the MP3 CD to show up in the source list. it works fine with audio CDs.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
That's strange, it has always worked fine with mine. Are you in 9 or X?

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
it doesn't work on mine, but i don't think its meant to.

I think the guy means a CD full of songs in MP3 format so there are lots of songs on the cd, Therefore this is a data disc and not CDDA disc, itunes doesn't put data discs in the source widow because it hasn't been programed to, it would have to look at the disc and see what kind of disc it is, and it may get confused if there were more than just mp3 tracks on the disc. WOuld be a useful feature to add in future versions, (I could be wrong, maybe it just doesn't work on mine either)

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i'm using OS X. it's a full CD of MP3s, about 600MB. it was burned using Nero on a PC. there are a few .sfk files left over from when it was burned, but aside from that they are all MP3s.
the sfk files might be stuffing it around...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.