Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:51 AM   #1
mcnugget
macrumors newbie

False advertising much?!

When I first heard that iTunes was going to release everything in iTunes Plus by THE END OF MARCH I was jumping with joy. Then came March 31st, a Tuesday...no updates; my upgrade list wasn't even elevated.

Then comes the day that iTunes decided to go 100% DRM-free. 2 days before the event I still had 52 songs in my upgrade library, and when the day came, it still remained the same. I was hoping I could upgrade a bunch of my DRM'd music videos but NOPE. iTunes decided not to touch the music videos but just jack up the prices of the songs and put them in Plus.

Another thing I noticed is the store isn't exactly 100% DRM-free. If you look in the Top 100 songs list, there's one song that is still DRM. Again, iTunes, get your facts straight.

I emailed Apple care center about this issue and they said they don't comment on "rumors".

Edit: The DRM song is from the Australian store (where I live), "Jimmy Recard" by "Drapht"

Last edited by mcnugget; Apr 10, 2009 at 04:57 AM.
mcnugget is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:56 AM   #2
bartelby
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnugget View Post
Then comes the day that iTunes decided to go 100% DRM-free. 2 days before the event I still had 52 songs in my upgrade library, and when the day came, it still remained the same. I was hoping I could upgrade a bunch of my DRM'd music videos but NOPE. iTunes decided not to touch the music videos but just jack up the prices of the songs and put them in Plus.

Only the songs are DRM free, not the movies or videos...

EDIT for clarification: 100% of songs are DRM free, the announcement doesn't say 100% of music videos...

When I look at the Top 100 they're all iTune Plus...
bartelby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 05:00 AM   #3
mcnugget
macrumors newbie

sorry, that's why i edited my post.

i assumed that music videos were counted as well, since last time they plus'd their music the majority of the music videos went plus.
mcnugget is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 05:10 AM   #4
bartelby
macrumors Core

Maybe they're missed a couple. But it doesn't really scream "false advertising" at me...
bartelby is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod