Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I did a search and could not find this already posted. Anyways this Wall-e Case mod is just plain awesome.

Edit here is a much more detailed original article on the build process, but it is in Russian.

c7c77_wall-e-computer-case-mod-98.jpg
c7c77_wall-e-computer-case-mod-100.jpg
c7c77_wall-e-computer-case-mod-102.jpg
c7c77_wall-e-computer-case-mod-103.jpg

Fake Hipster

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2009
Thats pretty sick, it looks so polished. I could see someone marketing this to Toys R Us or something.

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
Next step: add a remote control and make it moveable. Then replace the PC internals with Mac Pro hardware, and it would be ready for all your heavy lifting.

Very, very neat. It'd be cool to see a line of character-inspired computer towers... I would totally sign up for an R2-D2 one! :D

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Yup really cool.

Bunch of Wall-E goodness =)
Check out the Origami
http://www.geekologie.com/mt/mt-search.cgi?search=wall-e&IncludeBlogs=&IncludeBlogs=1&x=0&y=0

Next step: add a remote control and make it moveable. Then replace the PC internals with Mac Pro hardware, and it would be ready for all your heavy lifting.

Very, very neat. It'd be cool to see a line of character-inspired computer towers... I would totally sign up for an R2-D2 one! :D

Not a case mod but R2-D2 Home Theater
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/05/video_of_the_r2d2_home_theater.php

No1451

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Ottawa, ON

Way too small, this baby is running Atom:)

Besides, since all the other Wall-E's stopped functioning I assume they were running Windows, collected too much garbage(lame joke is lame).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.