Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:52 PM   #1
wrxmania04
macrumors newbie

Remote Connection To Office PC

Hi:

I am using a ibook G4 tiger 10.4 and trying to access to my work pc win xp pro from this mac. The office PC is already set up for remote access by the network admin. Its using Remote Web Workplace with microsoft small business server 2003. I downloaded the remote desktop connection for Mac version 2. It asks for the ip address and I e-mailed the network guy at work re: this issue. He mentioned that the he is using web proxy to connect to my office pc. Can anybody tell me what to do to access the network from my mac? Thanks a lot.
wrxmania04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:03 AM   #2
markojug
macrumors regular

You might want to try a program called Log Me In. It is really useful and you can remote control your computer. I use it for my Mac and Pc
markojug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 07:21 AM   #3
Winni
macrumors 68030

You need to enter the IP address of the proxy server in RDC on your Mac, not the IP address of the Windows Server, then it should work. Why? Because the Windows Server is using a private IP address that is not accessible from the Internet, but the proxy server "knows" that when it receives a request on TCP port 3389 (default for RDP), it has to redirect it to the Windows Terminal Server.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking