Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:44 PM   #76
Yebubbleman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerboots View Post
Okay, so I am getting ready to head to college this fall. I want to get a nice laptop to take. I want to be able to do all my schoolwork, keep all my music, etc on my laptop. Ive used a PC all my life but Im thinking of getting a mac. Are they worth the money? Is it a lot different to use than a PC? And what programs come installed on the Mac?
(Ive been looking at the Macbook)
I made the switch when I went to school. I originally made it for video editing, but I now use my Mac for 90% of my computing tasks. Though, I also have a PC, and having been raised on Windows also, I find that I can switch between the two fairly seamlessly. Really, it's taster's choice. You're picking between two OSes, not between the hardware they run on as you pretty much only have one option when it comes to laptops able to run OS X. Play around with OS X and see if you like it enough to switch. If you don't, it's not like there aren't a plethora of decent Windows-laden laptops out there.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice