Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:42 AM   #1
Mohummad.ali
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch does not prompt for a password during a purchase!

hello friends!
i have a problem, i have just made an account with in iTunes with click and buy, but the thing is, my iTouch simply buys the stuff that i click, and doesn"t promt for a password!
I want to be asked for a password everytime i make a purchase!
thanks for any help!
Ali
Mohummad.ali is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:02 PM   #2
wardev
macrumors regular

The ipod touch and iphone don't request your password again if you've entered it before. It will ask again after you turn it off or after a short period of time. no more than 1 hour but i probably am wrong seeing as I've never tested this.
wardev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:42 PM   #3
kh14
macrumors member

you probably have entered your password before. It will not ask for a password for every app you download. The period of time between the password prompt is around 5 to 10 mins. Dont worry your ipod is ok
kh14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:09 PM   #4
statik13
macrumors regular

hmm, I thought there was a way to set that through the iPod. I know mine prompts me the first time and then won't prompt again if I buy another app within 2-3 minutes. After that it prompts again.

How is your iTunes account set up? Do you have it set to do 1-click purchases or to use the shopping basket?
statik13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:38 PM   #5
kwk1
macrumors regular

Mine is set to 1 click purchases and it never prompts me for my password.
You probably have to uncheck that option and it will ask you for a password each time.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch