Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:18 PM   #1
cplav
macrumors newbie

Pricing your app, not in app store

I am in the process working on a business plan for my application. One of the things I am trying to nail down is the cost of the application. The app will be free in the app store but sold to companies so they can use with their customers. Sorry I can't get into more details on the app and apologize if I am vague.

I wanted to see if anyone has an thoughts on how to price an app that is sold to a company and let's their customers recieve messages from the company.

My initial thought would be to charge a setup fee to the company and then a per message or per user charge. The idea is to have a steady flow of income coming from the company but I don't want to overprice it to scare anyone off.

Any thoughts are apprecaited.
cplav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:54 PM   #2
rubyruby
macrumors member

Hello,

you could sell messages as bundles: a 1000 messages bundle for $XX.
Or you could sell a monthly plan like Basecamp and others.
I wouldn't charge a setup fee. This could deter companies from getting
into touch with your service.

Regards,

rubyruby
rubyruby is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming