Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:22 AM   #1
trickx54x
macrumors newbie

MS Word Password Crack

Hey Guys,
I have an MS Word document that is password protected on my mac (10.5) and I need to be able to read the document. As of right now it wont let me open the file. Any suggestions on how to get around the password or programs to crack it? Thanks.
trickx54x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:24 AM   #2
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

The password is there for a reason. Obviously, someone doesn't want you to read the file.
r.j.s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:41 AM   #3
trickx54x
macrumors newbie

It's my computer and I put the password on myself a year or so ago, but just forgot it. Obviously if you don't want to help, that's fine. I'm just looking for someone who does.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Tallest Skil
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickx54x View Post
It's my computer and I put the password on myself a year or so ago, but just forgot it. Obviously if you don't want to help, that's fine. I'm just looking for someone who does.
We also have no way of knowing if that is actually true. You could be attempting to steal trade secrets or spy on someone.
Tallest Skil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:45 AM   #5
MacDawg
macrumors P6

Cracks for such purposes are questionable as far as the Forum Rules go as well. Your best bet is to Google for the information. It may be quicker than getting a taker here.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:16 PM   #6
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Yea, it's not that we don't trust you, I just don't my neck on the line on these forums. I've been here too long to be banned.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:26 PM   #7
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard2008 View Post
Yea, it's not that we don't trust you, (snip)
Yes it is. People will inherently gravitate towards LIAR and THEIF when it comes to requests of these natures. Check the iPhone forums if you need further evidence. However, I would say if asking this question isn't an issue (the lack of the thread closure and similar threads remaining open are proof enough for me) then giving an answer shouldn't be either.

I have been faced with this same issue but I was in windows. A simple google search helped me find an application that I had to pay $20 for. It solved my issue and the document was worth my $20 and time as it was very important. Clearly not important enough to write the password down, but important enough all the same.

I would google something similar for Mac. I would do it for you, but that would take the fun out of your treasure hunt and I don't want to steal your thunder.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:36 PM   #8
michael.lauden
macrumors 68020

if you type your question into google, you can find results like these

http://www.rixler.com/word_password_recovery.htm
michael.lauden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:14 PM   #9
trickx54x
macrumors newbie

That's fine. Thanks for the help anyway

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store