Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 14, 2009, 01:33 PM   #1
new2AppleStuff
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
New status icon unsure of? Phone with right pointing arrow!

Does anyone know what the little phone with an arrow pointing to the right means? It is between the Carrier and the Network(i.e. 3G) icons.

I believe the attached a screen shot. Please have a look. Curiosity is killing me.



Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	167096  
new2AppleStuff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 01:35 PM   #2
FunkyTang
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Call forwarding is on?
FunkyTang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 01:48 PM   #3
new2AppleStuff
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Thanks, call forwarding was not on. However, I turned it on and entered a number in, then, turned it off and the icon went away. Thanks. I will try to duplicate and create a bug if needed.
new2AppleStuff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:04 PM   #4
soosy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Thanks this thread helped me! The problem we had was the phone wasn't receiving calls. We would get a "number not in service" message when calling the phone... instead of even hearing the voicemail.

I briefly checked the phone settings but I don't recall seeing call forwarding on. I suspect my child somehow messed up the settings as my wife will let him play with the phone. I found this thread while on the phone with AT&T and they tried to turn my call forwarding off on their end and had me power up/down the phone several times. However, the icon didn't go away until I toggled call forwarding on/off myself.
soosy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 04:27 AM   #5
juliajulia
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Unhappy Little phone with an arrow and no pics

Hi,
Since this little sign with the little phone with an arrow started to pop on to my screen I cannot take pictures. When I acesd the camera it will go to the right place but the lenses won't open!!! Its really annoying! Can it be related?? I had previosly a similar problem before when it would take long for the camra to open but it never persisted that long! PLEASE HELP!!thanks
juliajulia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:37 AM   #6
soosy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliajulia View Post
Hi,
Since this little sign with the little phone with an arrow started to pop on to my screen I cannot take pictures. When I acesd the camera it will go to the right place but the lenses won't open!!! Its really annoying! Can it be related?? I had previosly a similar problem before when it would take long for the camra to open but it never persisted that long! PLEASE HELP!!thanks
Did you go into Settings->Phone and turn on/off call forwarding? Did that make the icon disappear?
soosy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:57 AM   #7
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God
 
-aggie-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where bunnies are welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliajulia View Post
Hi,
Since this little sign with the little phone with an arrow started to pop on to my screen I cannot take pictures. When I acesd the camera it will go to the right place but the lenses won't open!!! Its really annoying! Can it be related?? I had previosly a similar problem before when it would take long for the camra to open but it never persisted that long! PLEASE HELP!!thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by soosy View Post
Did you go into Settings->Phone and turn on/off call forwarding? Did that make the icon disappear?
Her problem has nothing to do with the icon. I'd say restore the phone to fix it, unless your camera is not working, in which case you're SOL. Have you dropped the phone or got water in it?
__________________
Google with site:macrumors.com as a parameter.
DFU Mode
-aggie- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 01:52 AM   #8
fireballer55
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2007
That is weird. Glad you found the fix
fireballer55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:12 AM   #9
F33dbakk
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanks that worked, the symbol literally popped up out of nowhere I turned the phone off and on again and at some point it appeared. Silly.
F33dbakk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:42 PM   #10
JACC
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Phone with arrow icon fix

I had the same problem. My iPhone 4 broke so I had to go back to my old 3G. For anyone with this problem, all I did was go to settings/phone/call forwarding. Wait until it loads and the Icon should be gone. I did not change anything. Just by clicking on the call forwarding icon it corrected the issue.
JACC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:42 PM   #11
defeatest
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
The icon came on my phone when I changed my ringtone from the standard to 30 seconds for some reason but forwarding was not on and I did the same as above put in a number and put off again, icon go bye bye
defeatest is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:09 AM   #12
dictoresno
macrumors 68020
 
dictoresno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
either way, its the call forwarding icon.

http://www.spotnblog.com/iphone-stat...cations-icons/

and newbie, stop bumping old threads for no reason.
__________________
Verizon iPhone 6, 128GB Space Grey
iPad Mini 16GB Black, iPad 1 32 GB Black
iPod Touch 4th Generation 64GB Black
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2014, 05:56 AM   #13
sefco
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Exclamation Phone with right pointing arrow

Guys this is a symbol letting you know your phone has data going out.
how many of you are criminals?
Its not the phone doing this its your sim card activated by your provider change your phone put it in a new Iphone and it will show up the same thing every time you turn it on and off it will reappear after removing it.
the ones getting the phone number appear that is the line that is collecting all your info it will give you a out of service reply if you called it or a wrong number.
how do I know this to be the case firstly you should be pressing *#61# to view the interceptor number or *#21# to deactivate the data leak
normally its the microphone active and been transferred through the data of the phone
or you can be a dope and have diversion active on your sim and not realised it
sefco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2014, 08:51 AM   #14
C DM
macrumors G4
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefco View Post
Guys this is a symbol letting you know your phone has data going out.
how many of you are criminals?
Its not the phone doing this its your sim card activated by your provider change your phone put it in a new Iphone and it will show up the same thing every time you turn it on and off it will reappear after removing it.
the ones getting the phone number appear that is the line that is collecting all your info it will give you a out of service reply if you called it or a wrong number.
how do I know this to be the case firstly you should be pressing *#61# to view the interceptor number or *#21# to deactivate the data leak
normally its the microphone active and been transferred through the data of the phone
or you can be a dope and have diversion active on your sim and not realised it
This has been settled a whole back already--it's just call forwarding.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iTunes: Arrow icon showed up next to Library search box after creating Apple ID doxavita Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Feb 20, 2014 12:09 PM
Curved black arrow beneath icon in Apps imanidiot Mac Basics and Help 3 Oct 26, 2013 09:33 AM
Location Services arrow is always on in the status bar... fuzion11 iPhone 2 Mar 7, 2013 08:39 AM
Lock Icon Surrounded by Circled Arrow stockcerts iOS 6 3 Mar 5, 2013 02:22 AM
Location Icon - Arrow wfj5444 iOS 6 6 Jun 16, 2012 01:21 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC