Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 14, 2009, 02:26 PM   #1
mrob44
macrumors member

AD Login on OS X - cache login creds?

I'm the Network Admin for my company and our Marketing Director just got a new MB Pro.

I've used directory services and he can sign in and authenticate with his Windows AD credentials with no issue as well as access all resources.

Problem is he travels a lot and needs to be able to login off of our internal network. Windows will cache login creds for offline logins. Is there a way to allow this in OS X also?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:29 AM   #2
mgodfre3
macrumors newbie

Cached AD credentials

You need to look into mobile accounts on the mbp. This will allow you to cache credentials. I would also highly consider using Workgroup Manager if you start to see more macs come in from deployment. Also an open directory, tied to AD would be usefull to push policies like mobile accounts and such. Use MakeMacWork.com. It's a lifesaver!
mgodfre3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:31 AM   #3
mrob44
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgodfre3 View Post
You need to look into mobile accounts on the mbp. This will allow you to cache credentials. I would also highly consider using Workgroup Manager if you start to see more macs come in from deployment. Also an open directory, tied to AD would be usefull to push policies like mobile accounts and such. Use MakeMacWork.com. It's a lifesaver!
Thank You! In all my internet searching, you are the only person to have a solid answer. Great site as well!!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking