Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
I have had my Ipod touch 2nd gen since they came out. I use XP with Itunes to sync my Touch. I have had to reinstall XP 4 times due to bad hard drive, viruses, ram issues, etc.

I am now on my 4th out of 5 Authorizations. I'm still on the same computer. How do I get my authorization numbers back?

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
i've also had to reinstall windows a number of times and i was up to five but this is how you do it. you have to deauthorize all of your accounts, then reauthorize the ones you want. to deauthorize all of your accounts go to the iTunes store, click on your user name in the upper right-hand corner (it should prompt you for your password), now you'll be on your account page, in the first little box you'll see "Computer Authorizations" at the bottom of the box, next to that there is a button that says "Deauthorize All", click that, then go back and authorize the computer(s) you want by going to Store>Authorize Computer.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
thanks. I just found that info a bit ago also. I guess you can't deauthorize everything until you get to 5. So windows gets to crash one more time :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.