Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goya1110

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
somewhere between NY & FL
after using quick freedom to JB my IPT 2.1.1, i cant view ANY videos on apple movie trailers. it says the following(in red): click download to the file to your/var/mobile/Library/Downloads folder. Warning: if this file already exists in the downloads folder, it will be overwritten so i DL it and touch the "Play in Media Player" button. i get a "this movie format is not supported" message. cant play in dtunes either. is there a add-on or plug-in that i need to DL. PLZ reply here or send me a PM. THX from a IPT Noob:D

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
that would indicate that something has been installed to pickup downloads, you would need to install mplayer and point it to look at that folder before you could view the file(s). You might also require safari download plugin if it is not installed already.

goya1110

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
still cant...

that would indicate that something has been installed to pickup downloads, you would need to install mplayer and point it to look at that folder before you could view the file(s). You might also require safari download plugin if it is not installed already.

...get movie trailers to play. DL'd Mplayer & all available plug-ins & i get nothing. plz gimme instructions 4 dummies on how to fix this. :)

goya1110

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
thanks to ty...

...i figured it out. if u had dtunes & uninstalled it, u also have 2 uninstall safari dl plug in. thanks 2 ty & members of macrumors 4 all ur help(pause)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.