Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beck

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
What I'm really after is the evernote of to do lists, something that will run and sync on my mac (home) pc (work) and iPhone.

Remember the milk looks good, but id really like a desktop app to run on my mac.

Any recommendations?

Im surprised there isn't a google to do they do everything else :p

robo456

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
Im surprised there isn't a google to do they do everything else :p

I know you said you wanted an actual desktop app, but I use the "to-do list" widget on my iGoogle page.

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?...googlecode.com/files/tasklist%20080313-05.xml

It's simple and it's not platform specific. What I really like (or dislike?? ;) ) is my wife can add stuff for me "to do" anywhere/anytime she wants without having to worry about syncing and all that.

**EDIT**
On that page, you can see alot of other "to-do" apps people have written.... might be worth looking at those too.
--rob

beck

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I know you said you wanted an actual desktop app, but I use the "to-do list" widget on my iGoogle page.

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?...googlecode.com/files/tasklist%20080313-05.xml

It's simple and it's not platform specific. What I really like (or dislike?? ;) ) is my wife can add stuff for me "to do" anywhere/anytime she wants without having to worry about syncing and all that.

**EDIT**
On that page, you can see alot of other "to-do" apps people have written.... might be worth looking at those too.
--rob
Thanks they do look good but i was after a few more bells, maybe its unnecessary. Im messing around with omnifocus now which is realy nice, if they just did a pc version!

Considering having two different to dos one for work and one for home, might be healthier.

egoldy

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2009
Toodledo

I'd recommend Toodledo..

Relatively clean, straight forward solution with an iPhone app as well as a good clean firefox add-on that will work across PC / Mac (as well as browser access)...

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Thanks they do look good but i was after a few more bells, maybe its unnecessary. Im messing around with omnifocus now which is realy nice, if they just did a pc version!
I use OmniFocus and like it.

Agree it would be nice if they did a PC version.

Considering having two different to dos one for work and one for home, might be healthier.
That's what I really like about OmniFocus is that you can keep areas separate and yet integrate tasks. Works well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.