Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micsaund

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
Hi,

I'm considering a new laser printer/AIO unit. I've currently got a Dell 1600n, which works fine to print with OSX but the scanner is completely unsupported.

I've been eyeballing the 2335dn because it's got a duplexer and claims to support OSX without any obvious caveats (like "printing only").

Does anyone have this printer and if so, does it work completely with OSX? Any comments from owners of this model in general?

Thanks,
Mike

PMaggan

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Yes, I am using a Dell 2335dn with my new MBP. As yet, I am unable to scan on OSX, but I have vmware Fusion installed and am able to scan through Adobe Acrobat on the Win XP side of the system. I'm still kinda new with Macs, but I was wondering if I had the full version of Adobe Acrobat on the OSX side if I'd be able to scan.

I did install the Dell OSX driver, but I haven't spent much time trying to figure out how to scan in OSX or even what program to use.

PMaggan

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Actually it does install a TWAIN driver, but Image Capture keeps saying that the scanner is not responding.

Dumb me. The scanning works perfectly IF you have a USB cable connected to the printer. I previously only had the Dell connected via Ethernet.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
I have been using one of these on my Time Capsule network for a little while now, and I do not have any complaints at all.

It performs exactly as expected, and it is a modern, toner conserving, energy efficient multipurpose printer capable of moderately heavy use.

I kept the shipping material for quite a while, because I full expected to have issues with my network, which is all-Apple except for this printer, but it has been just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.