Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
Anyone know how i can split the vocal and instrument tracks on either MP3's or AAC files? I want to strip the vocals from the instruments and can't find any software that will do this. I know some PC programs but none for mac. thanks

jonnyblobby

macrumors member
May 25, 2003
Aus, Sydney
Ummmm.... No

It is not possible to remove the vocals from a song completely.
Thats unless you have the Multi Track master from the recording studio, then yes. But that is never released to the public, it stays with the recording studio or recording company. That unless you get permission to do a remix of a song and the artist releases the track breakdown to you.

It is possible with some hardware devices such as a pro-logic audio amp to soften the vocal frequency's for Karaoke, this is done if you are watching a stereo film on a pro logic amp, and the vocals are put through the centre channel, but there is always seepage into the left and right speakers unless you are watching a DVD that has a multi track soundtrack.

So Short answer, the only software you might find would 'muffle' the vocals of a song (and not very well) and I don't know of any software that would do this. But there is no way to completly remove the vocals off a audio file from the instrumental =]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.