Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Confuzzeled23
macrumors regular

iPod Video G5 30GB - Battery Problems!

Hey Everyone,
I have had my iPod G5 for about 2 years now. I usually use it with an FM Charger in my vehicle. However, I noticed about a month ago it has stopped keeping charge. When I charge it, it says charged and then I will turn it off, when I go to turn it on, say a day later, even if I haven't used it, the battery will be depleated. I was wondering if my battery's life has been all used up and I need a new battery, or if I should just get a new iPod. Was wondering first though if this was a fixable problem. For example, I turned it on last night, and it was at 3 quarters charged and this morning it does not have enough power to even turn on, the apple shows up and then the screen turns off.

Is there any way to fix the battery or do I need a new one?
Thanks.
Confuzzeled23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 11:07 AM   #2
lostless
macrumors 6502

Sounds like your battery is shot. A new battery costs sixty dollars if you go through apple. If you want to replace it yourself, just look up some ipod repair shop and they will send you a new battery for twenty bucks. Its not that hard to open the ipod and replace the battery. The new battery i got came with the tool to crack the ipod open and the battery is attached to the back plate with a small connector near the dock connector.
lostless is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:15 PM   #3
bozz2006
macrumors 68030

I replaced the battery in my 5G ipod with battery from ipodjuice.com

Battery was reasonably priced, they include a good (not crappy) tool to open it up, they have very good instructions, and the DIY job was enjoyable.
bozz2006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 09:23 AM   #4
pspmanny
macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem that when i play music the battery lasts a normall amount of time like all day but when i play videos it only lasts 5 minutes it seems that when it plays video the battery is telling the ipod its low but its reallly not. any suggestions
pspmanny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 10:18 AM   #5
hatehereyes
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to hatehereyes Send a message via MSN to hatehereyes
Check out iFixit.com

That's where I got my 5th gen battery and it was under $20 for the battery and it's not hard to replace at all.

Just becareful with the battery connector pins. My plastic connector (where the ribbon slides into) slid off the pins and they ended up getting bent and with me trying to put them back on they snapped off. NO MORE 5TH GEN IPOD.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod