Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you Sleep with your iPhone?

• Yes, it's great in bed!

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • No, are you sick?

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters

abercrombie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Parent's Basement
Just curious, I sleep with mine under the pillow. As silly as it sounds, having it nearby makes me sleep better. I find when I surf the on my phone, I quickly get drowsy.

Nothing kiniky... :D

NewGenAdam

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
Just curious, I sleep with mine under the pillow. Nothing kinky... :D

Of course I do! How could I not when it fits so confortably into a clasped palm? I also get woken up gently with its vibrate ^_^ and can check email, texts, Twitter, news straight away !!

Although I put it on plane mode. Have some trepidation with a wifi/cell emitting device so close to me all night.

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
LOL.

Well I have it set to sleep in 20 mins while I listen to music so yea, it's next to me. Although the earphones and chord has been bugging me, I am constantly waking up. I think I'm just going to go back to my radio instead.

wfiphone

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
LOL! Yes! Under my pillow charging. Last thing I look at before I sleep, first thing when I wakeup.

:)

wfiphone

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
LOL.

Well I have it set to sleep in 20 mins while I listen to music so yea, it's next to me. Although the earphones and chord has been bugging me, I am constantly waking up. I think I'm just going to go back to my radio instead.

How do you set it to sleep?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
I like this thread. I always use to keep it on a table by me, but for the past few months i've always had it either by my pillow or under it.

luftx

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2008
You mean everyone doesn't? Kidding!! it's never far from me at any time. I use it for reading now, no more books to carry around!!

Robert
:eek:

iNash

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2009
Hanslope, UK
Ha ha I was laughing about this the other day.

Mine used to sit in it's dock on the desk with Night Stand on, then about 3 weeks ago it started to lay on the bedside table as it gets charged all day at work now so it doesn't need to be in the dock.

3 days ago I was texting someone in bed and fell asleep with it in my hand.

I woke up to my iPhone and the sarcastic-trying-to-be-a-wise-@$$ comment: "Oh so you'd rather cuddle your iPhone than me?"

As tempting as it was to say: "My iPhone doesn't fidget" I wimped out ;) :D

goingblue

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
Ahwatukee, AZ
I bought a cool sony alarm clock with a slot for my phone. So yep, I sleep with it.

In all fairness to myself, I am on-call from time to time and my iphone is my pager so.

- Rich

the-sandman

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2009
Leicester, UK
Mine usually sits in its dock next to my bed, but i have fallen asleep whilst texting or on the web. Sadly i'm such a deep sleeper that it never wakes me up if i get a... anything. At least it gives me something to do in the morning!

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Mine is on my desk next to my bed, in the dock. I would keep it under my pillow, but I'm a bit OCD about charging it (I start to feel nervous when it doesn't show that the battery is full), so I like to keep it charging. And even if I did keep it under my pillow, I don't think it would wake me up, since I'm a deep sleeper.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I built mine it's own little bed, with little mini pillows and headboard. I tuck it in every night and give it a little kiss, then gently stroke it's glass as I fall asleep.

OK, I hope you caught the sarcasm. This thread is just a little weird to me, and I am ready to take the return flames.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't know how you guys sleep with it under your pillow. Was that sarcasm? I couldn't do that...I toss and turn and wad up my pillows, knock them off the bed, etc.

But my iPhone is always on the nightstand next to my bed because it's my alarm clock.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Next to my pillow. Love it! I can read books, cruise the net, or play games till I fall asleep, and if I wake in the night and can't fall back to sleep soon, I read books till I'm sleepy again. The iPhone alarm wakes me in the morning, and then I can quickly check forums and Facebook before I crawl out of bed.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
I usually listen to a podcast before I fall asleep, and my charger is on my table beside my bed, so I guess that counts...

Rusalka

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
Northern Virginia
My phone stays next to my macbook in my bed with me

When my boyfriend gets in bed it takes him like, five minutes to clear all the electronics out of bed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.