Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

No more ideas for iPhone apps?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Do you think there will be a point when there will be no more ideas to implement ? even apple in one of it's ads said

"there is an app for just about anything"

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
I have this really good idea but please don't tell anyone. I want to make a fart application that farts when you press a button. I don't think anyone has made one yet.... oh... wait... lol.

Anyways no, I think there are plenty of apps out there, however there are always new ideas that people haven't thought of, until people find it and go "holy crap I can't believe I haven't thought of this". And then there's the applications that are modified and changed and made better (or worse). Not innovative, but still progresses things.

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
I have this really good idea but please don't tell anyone. I want to make a fart application that farts when you press a button. I don't think anyone has made one yet.... oh... wait... lol.

Anyways no, I think there are plenty of apps out there, however there are always new ideas that people haven't thought of, until people find it and go "holy crap I can't believe I haven't thought of this". And then there's the applications that are modified and changed and made better (or worse). Not innovative, but still progresses things.

What I think is programs will start to adapt AI techniques in future

mccannmarc

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Depends how innovative you are, if by idea you mean a copy or derivative of what is already out on other platforms then yes its possible to reach the limit. If you have unique ideas then I can't see why there would be a limit. New music appears in the charts every week and music has been being made since humans developed intelligence!

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Depends how innovative you are, if by idea you mean a copy or derivative of what is already out on other platforms then yes its possible to reach the limit. If you have unique ideas then I can't see why there would be a limit. New music appears in the charts every week and music has been being made since humans developed intelligence!

nice point :)

CommanderData

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2007
It's time to close the patent office, everything's been invented! :D

(yep, that's about as crazy as this poll sounds, but it was said ;))

jpyc7

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
Denver, CO
environment changes lead to new apps

By environment, I don't mean nature, but rather everything in people's lives.

So in the USA, more people are renting movie DVDs from these specialized vending machines. I can imagine someone writes an iPhone app that will locate the vending machine with the movie you want. This particular app would require the vending machine company to write it since only they have access to their database.

So there will be many new products that comes to market and the iPhone as a general computing device could have apps about each new product.

Of course, as products become obsolete, then there should also be iPhone apps that become obsolete.

henrysoup

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2009
I think in terms of gaming, there are always going to be new ideas. I have one that I'm working on right now that I haven't found in the app store.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I still haven't found an app to sync Stickies (from Stickies.app). I know how to do it, I just don't feel like doing it :)

It's not hard to find new ideas for software, no matter what platform. You just have to be creative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.