Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 21, 2009, 06:05 PM   #1
appleguy123
macrumors 603

how to transfer iphone apps from pc to pc?

i got a new laptop and was wondering how i could transfer my old iphone apps to my new laptop.
my first post woot!
thanks for your help on advance.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:51 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Take My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications from one computer, copy it to the other one over the network, through an external drive. Put it in the iTunes directory on the other computer. Drag the Mobile Applications folder into iTunes, done. Or you could just connect the iPhone to the new computer and under the File menu, select Transfer Purchases if the iPhone doesn't auto-sync or click the Transfer Purchases option that comes up when iTunes recognizes it hasn't synced with this empty library before.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:58 PM   #3
appleguy123
macrumors 603

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMeister View Post
Take My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications from one computer, copy it to the other one over the network, through an external drive. Put it in the iTunes directory on the other computer. Drag the Mobile Applications folder into iTunes, done. Or you could just connect the iPhone to the new computer and under the File menu, select Transfer Purchases if the iPhone doesn't auto-sync or click the Transfer Purchases option that comes up when iTunes recognizes it hasn't synced with this empty library before.
all you guys are so helpful! again thanks so much
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:27 PM   #4
capoeira4u
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMeister View Post
Once you transfer, will you still be able to access the app store and sync via both computers?

I use a Mac at home but PC at work. Is there a way to transfer from a Mac to a PC?
capoeira4u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 10:56 PM   #5
dvdhsu
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira4u View Post
Once you transfer, will you still be able to access the app store and sync via both computers?

I use a Mac at home but PC at work. Is there a way to transfer from a Mac to a PC?
Yes, just do the transfering from iTunes when you plug the iPhone/iPod Touch in. You can sync from both computers. The only thing is, you'll have to have both computers authorized on your account though.
Apple has a limit of 5 computers that can be authorized to one account. You can always deathrorize though.
dvdhsu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod