Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Take My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications from one computer, copy it to the other one over the network, through an external drive. Put it in the iTunes directory on the other computer. Drag the Mobile Applications folder into iTunes, done. Or you could just connect the iPhone to the new computer and under the File menu, select Transfer Purchases if the iPhone doesn't auto-sync or click the Transfer Purchases option that comes up when iTunes recognizes it hasn't synced with this empty library before.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
thanks

Take My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications from one computer, copy it to the other one over the network, through an external drive. Put it in the iTunes directory on the other computer. Drag the Mobile Applications folder into iTunes, done. Or you could just connect the iPhone to the new computer and under the File menu, select Transfer Purchases if the iPhone doesn't auto-sync or click the Transfer Purchases option that comes up when iTunes recognizes it hasn't synced with this empty library before.

all you guys are so helpful! again thanks so much

capoeira4u

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
Bangkok, Thailand

Once you transfer, will you still be able to access the app store and sync via both computers?

I use a Mac at home but PC at work. Is there a way to transfer from a Mac to a PC?

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
Once you transfer, will you still be able to access the app store and sync via both computers?

I use a Mac at home but PC at work. Is there a way to transfer from a Mac to a PC?

Yes, just do the transfering from iTunes when you plug the iPhone/iPod Touch in. You can sync from both computers. The only thing is, you'll have to have both computers authorized on your account though.
Apple has a limit of 5 computers that can be authorized to one account. You can always deathrorize though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.