Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Apr 24, 2004, 03:17 PM   #1
elpinchegringo
macrumors newbie

Tablets?

Does anyone have any experience with the various tablets and Inkwell? I am interested in primarily using it for notetaking onto my mac. I am a casual photoshop user, so its applicablility there is modestly important, but not the most important. I am interested primarily in the wacom graphire3, but I can get a graphire2 for pretty cheap, what is the difference, has anyone used both? What was updated?

tia
elpinchegringo
elpinchegringo is offline   0
Old Apr 25, 2004, 03:21 PM   #2
Bhennies
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpinchegringo
Does anyone have any experience with the various tablets and Inkwell? I am interested in primarily using it for notetaking onto my mac. I am a casual photoshop user, so its applicablility there is modestly important, but not the most important. I am interested primarily in the wacom graphire3, but I can get a graphire2 for pretty cheap, what is the difference, has anyone used both? What was updated?

tia
elpinchegringo
I have a wacom intuos platinum 6x8, it is an excellent piece. I use it all the time. I don't have personal experience with inkwell, but I use the tablet in Photoshop all the time and it is fantastic. The graphire should be fine for you...I would go with the more recent model as they are constantly improving the technology (sensitivity, drivers etc.) Just a guess though. Good luck!
Bhennies is offline   0
Old Apr 25, 2004, 03:25 PM   #3
elpinchegringo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhennies
I have a wacom intuos platinum 6x8, it is an excellent piece. I use it all the time. I don't have personal experience with inkwell, but I use the tablet in Photoshop all the time and it is fantastic. The graphire should be fine for you...I would go with the more recent model as they are constantly improving the technology (sensitivity, drivers etc.) Just a guess though. Good luck!

cool, thanks, have you no use for inkwell, or just not tried it? I installed the wacom tablet driver and was thinking of going to bestbuy to see if they'd let me test it if they have an open box or display tablet.

thanks
Old Apr 25, 2004, 05:22 PM   #4
Bhennies
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpinchegringo
cool, thanks, have you no use for inkwell, or just not tried it? I installed the wacom tablet driver and was thinking of going to bestbuy to see if they'd let me test it if they have an open box or display tablet.

thanks
actually, I haven't had a NEED to use it, and honestly haven't tried it. They have a Wacom set-up at the apple store.
Bhennies is offline   0
Old Apr 25, 2004, 05:27 PM   #5
elpinchegringo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhennies
actually, I haven't had a NEED to use it, and honestly haven't tried it. They have a Wacom set-up at the apple store.
unfortunately I'm in Kansas city and the closest store is 3 hours away in St. Louis
Old Apr 25, 2004, 08:20 PM   #6
elpinchegringo
macrumors newbie

Well, I went to circuit city and bought a Graphire3. Pretty cool, will take some getting used to though. Thanks for the input.

epg
Old Apr 25, 2004, 09:05 PM   #7
howard
macrumors 68020

i'm in the same boat

really i'd just want one for fun and to play around with. I don't NEED tablet, and the new ones being $100 and the old ones being $50 it would have to have a lot of advantages for a poor college student to buy a new one if he doesn't need it.
howard is offline   0
Old Apr 25, 2004, 09:14 PM   #8
elpinchegringo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard
i'm in the same boat

really i'd just want one for fun and to play around with. I don't NEED tablet, and the new ones being $100 and the old ones being $50 it would have to have a lot of advantages for a poor college student to buy a new one if he doesn't need it.
it is pretty cool, I will get good at it this summer and use it for notes next year. There is a technology out there by a company named Pen&internet that is awesome, it recognizes cursive handwriting almost flawlessly. http://www.penandinternet.com try the flash demos.

The code is available for developers.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews