Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Any options out there? Could be major. Would totally remove Blackberry from our enterprise if a dependable option was available. We have a 60K infra. Several thousand BBs in the wild. Would be huge for ATT/Apple

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I've seen nothing that remotely comes close to giving a "Notes on BlackBerry" experience to iPhone users. Maybe iAnywhere's product, but even then, I don't know.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
This thread, on the same subject, was also started today. Not much help there, but a start on some opinions.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Any options out there? Could be major. Would totally remove Blackberry from our enterprise if a dependable option was available. We have a 60K infra. Several thousand BBs in the wild. Would be huge for ATT/Apple
Until there is a native iPhone based Lotus Notes App, your options are going to be very limited. The iNotes solution is based on the capability / limitations of the web browser for the interaction to the Notes Server.

Dave

jparris1

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
We were updated to Lootus Notes 8.5 on the desktop that gave us acces to a new web based iNotes. It works fine, allowing me to read mail, reply, use address book, calendar etc. But it's not really full featured. Rather than really being a true mobile solution, it's more of a good enough way to do some light emailing when away from the office. But it definitely does not replace the desktop client at all. On the plus side 8.5 for Mac is much snappier than earlier versions.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
We are 8.02 on the desktop running Connections and WebSphere. 8.5 pilot is underway. I am not sure iNotes is going to be a solid solution in comparison to Notes/Blackberry.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
I can't stand the ultra lite version of Notes for the iPhone. Its essential webmail thru Safari formatted to look like an iPhone app. You have to log into the website every time and sometimes when you go to reply I get kicked out.

IBM announced in January that they'll be supporting Activsync in future versions of Notes / Traveler and I just found out yesterday that our company is going to be getting a hold of the beta next month and I'll be getting on that server. I can't wait.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Any updates on this implementation?

How is it fully administered?
- by the Domino Admin via Traveler 8.5.1?

How is this enabled?
- via users mail file (userxx.nsf) on Domino backup to the Traveler Admin app?

Is this finally a dedicated app to be released in-house; as I cannot find it on iTunes and doubt it'll be there?

Also has ANYONE used an iPhone on Lotus Notes/MS Exchange with RSA SecureID Token (hard/soft tokens) that was implemented that can shed some light on the subject on-going in so many threads, please?!

MVPinFLA

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Boynton Beach, FL
Any updates on this implementation?

How is it fully administered?
- by the Domino Admin via Traveler 8.5.1?

How is this enabled?
- via users mail file (userxx.nsf) on Domino backup to the Traveler Admin app?

Is this finally a dedicated app to be released in-house; as I cannot find it on iTunes and doubt it'll be there?

Also has ANYONE used an iPhone on Lotus Notes/MS Exchange with RSA SecureID Token (hard/soft tokens) that was implemented that can shed some light on the subject on-going in so many threads, please?!

We are using it and just loving it. There is no iTunes App for it, it goes through your normal mail, contacts and calendar just like an Exchange server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.