Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 12, 2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Rupp
macrumors newbie

Adobe Creative Cloud_LR_PS Issues

Since I went from CS6 to the creative cloud, I have been having problems with Adobe applications (specifically PS and LR). I have contacted Adobe, but have yet to receive a response. After PS loads, as soon as I click within the screen, I get the beach ball which lasts from 2-4 minutes, then the program seems to run fine. In LR, I get the beach ball, and am now having trouble synchronizing folders. The program freezes on imports.

I am running on a quad core 5 year old(isn) MacPro, 32 Gigs RAM, nVidia graphics card, external port multiplier SATA Mercury xPro2 drives. Haven't a clue, but am concerned about a 50,000 image LR library with numerous edits.

I have taken all of the usual steps, permission repairs, have used an Adobe recommended clean up program. I'm fresh out of ideas.

Any thoughts?
Rupp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 12:25 AM   #2
viizi
macrumors regular

Try holding: command option shift while opening PS to reset its preferences. Unfortunately this will remove any custom hot keys, colour management settings and layouts you have so go in and save them prior to doing this if you do have them custom set.

Can't help with LR sorry.

Only other thing I can think of is tonnes of fonts loading on PS launch.
viizi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store